The Reserves Network, a leading provider of staffing services for the office, industrial, professional and technical markets, joins staffing companies across the country in celebrating National Staffing Employee Week, Sept. 18-24. This week was established by the American Staffing Association (ASA) to pay tribute to the millions of Americans who are employed by staffing firms every business day.
“National Staffing Employee Week is a salute to the important and talented temporary and contract employees who make vital contributions to the nation’s workforce and economy,” said Neil Stallard, CEO of The Reserves Network.
Businesses, according to ASA, tap staffing companies for quality talent in virtually all occupational sectors, from call center service representatives to skilled tradesmen to attorneys. ASA also reports that 76% of temporary and contract employees work full-time (35 hours or more per week), virtually the same as the rest of the work force.
And for those who are seeking their first job, re-entering the work force or looking for something new, temporary and contract employment offers many benefits:
- Jobs: In an average week, more than three million temporary and contract employees work through an American staffing company; nearly 15 million temporary and contract employees are hired through staffing companies in a year.
- Flexibility: Employees can choose when, where, and how they want to work. Companies can get the skills they need to keep fully staffed during busy times.
- Bridge: Temporary and contract work provides a bridge to permanent employment. 49% of staffing employees say it’s a way to get a permanent job; people can try out a prospective employer and showcase their skills for a permanent job.
- Choice: Many people choose temporary and contract work as a preferred employment option. They can select their work schedules and choose among a variety of diverse and challenging assignments.
- Training: The staffing industry provides free training for millions of temporary and contract employees to help meet today’s demand for skilled workers.
As part of the celebration, The Reserves Network selected “National Staffing Employee Stars” from each of its office and on-site locations. Nominees are honored with a certificate and monetary prize. TRN would like to congratulate its 2017 Staffing Employee Stars – their exemplary performance makes up the model of excellence we set forth to achieve as an organization each and every day.
“We’re proud to be involved in an industry that provides so many benefits to employees, to businesses, and to America’s economy,” adds Stallard.