In an effort to continually promote safety and health to its staff, temporary employees and customers, The Reserves Network has created a Safety Committee.
Led by Cliff Gerbick, director of safety, the purposes of the committee is:
- To promote and maintain the interest of employees (both internal and temporary) in safety and health issues.
- To educate all levels of staff, through awareness and training activities, that they are primarily responsible for the prevention of workplace accidents.
- To help make safety and health an integral part of the TRN’s operating procedures, culture and programs.
- To provide an opportunity for the free discussion of safety and health problems and possible solutions.
- To inform and educate employees and customers about safety and health issues, new standards, research findings, etc.
- To help reduce the risk of workplace injuries and illnesses.
- To help insure compliance with federal and state safety and health standards.
The Safety Committee is set to meet on one to two conference calls per month, and as needed for special projects. The initial committee of 14 consists of a diverse group of internal staff from all organizational levels of the company.
“The importance of safety and health in the workplace is critical,” says Gerbick. “The expectation is to advance our initiatives in this area with the input and support of the committee. I would like to thank those who have volunteered to be a part of this group, and look forward to working with them.”